I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
- WPO collects and uses information you provide to us or that we learn from your use of this Website. WPO does not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We may share your personal information where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction or do something that you have asked us to do. Whenever we may need to share your personal information, we try to provide you with the information you need to make informed choices.
- WPO collects and uses your personal information in several ways:
- Website Usage. WPO, or WPO authorized service providers, may observe your activities relating to your use of this Website. While we may collect or log this information, we generally do not identify you or match this information with your other personal information. We may use this collected or logged information to diagnose website technical problems, to facilitate your use of the Website, or to track aggregate traffic patterns throughout the Website.
- Recruitment and Job Applications. You may provide us with personal information, such as that contained on a resume or a curriculum vitae, in connection with a job application or inquiry. We may use this information for the purpose of employment consideration or your inquiry. We may keep your information on file for a reasonable period of time for future consideration.
- Public and Shared Areas. Any information and other content (such as written works, research results, graphics, pictures or videos) disclosed on the Website will become public information. We cannot control the use of information and other content disclosed in public forums, such as bulletin boards, news groups, communication facilities and chat rooms (including those which limit access to registered users), nor can we control information and other content disclosed through shared sites or pages. You should exercise caution when disclosing information and other content in public or shared areas and should refrain from disclosing personal information that you consider to be sensitive. Please remember that any information or other content that is disclosed in these areas, including your name, becomes available to others and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
- WPO WILL TREAT ANY MESSAGE BOARD POSTINGS, FEEDBACK, EMAILS OR SUGGESTIONS YOU PROVIDE TO US AS NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE YOUR REAL NAME, YOUR NAME WILL BE AVAILABLE TO AND VIEWABLE BY ANYONE USING THE WORLD WIDE WEB AND/OR USING A SEARCH ENGINE.
II. OTHER USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
- Merger. If WPO should ever merge with another organization, WPO may be required to disclose your personal information to such other organization purchasers. WPO will endeavor to seek appropriate protection for information disclosed in these types of transactions.
- As Required by Law and Other Extraordinary Disclosures. WPO may be required to disclose your personal information if it: (i) believes it is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, etc.) or other legal requirements of any governmental authority; (ii) would potentially mitigate our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit; (iii) is otherwise necessary to protect our rights or property; or (iv) is necessary protect the interest of other users of our Website.
- No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems.
- You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your information may remain viewable in cashed or archived pages or if other users who you permitted to access your information have copied or stored your information.
- If WPO learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps, although we are not committing to do so except as required by law. By using this Website or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Website. WPO may post a notice on our Website if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the Website. WPO may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at 155 E. 55th Street, New York, NY 10022
IV. INTERNATIONAL VISITORS AND CUSTOMERS
V. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
- This Website may contain links to third-party sites, however, please be aware that WPO is not responsible for and cannot control the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies for these other sites, as they may differ from ours.
VI. CONTACT PREFERENCES
When you provide WPO with Your contact information, you agree that we may communicate with you about topics of your choosing and send you marketing communications.
Generally, when we contact you, we will try to provide you with an easy and convenient way to notify us if you would not like further similar communications. To “opt-out” of any further e-mail or contact, send a request to 155 E. 55th Street, New York, NY 10022. WPO will make a good faith effort to comply with such written request within thirty days of receipt of the request.
VII. CONTACTING WPO
Postal Mail Address:
Women Presidents’ Organization
155 E. 55th Street,
New York, NY 10022
Effective Date: October 25, 2010